Start A Freelance Business
Freelancing has become a prominent source of generating income for people of all age groups. Flexible working hours, workplace mobility, the benefit of being a self-reliant entrepreneur, and the ability to pick jobs best suited to your interest are some positive perks to start a freelance business. All these elements of a unique working life attract people towards freelancing. Most importantly, there is no definite age limit preventing you from being a self-reliant entrepreneur. If you have skills, a creative mind, and proficiency in learning even at a retiring age, you can become a freelancer online.
Statistics Of The Freelancing World
Considering the facts and figures of the freelancing community, you will be amazed at how rapidly people over the age of 40 are starting a freelance business.
- Upwork conducted a study and concluded that 28% of Baby Boomers are freelancing either full-time or part-time.
- According to The Association Of Independent Professionals, there is a 46.5% increase in freelancers over the age of 50 since the year 2008.
- Only in the US, the number of freelancers increased from 53 to 57 million. According to the Economic Institute Policy (EPI), around 40% of freelance workers are over 55 years.
Ideal Freelancing Jobs For People Over 40 years
You spend your entire life sitting behind a desk working from 9 to 5. Therefore, you might be confused about what you can do by simply sitting on your laptop screen. The freelancing world is wider than your think. There are countless opportunities out there that you can utilize while starting a freelance business. You can choose a job of your preference, manage your own time, and spend quality time with your loved ones.
To become a freelancer online and be a self-reliant employee, you can pick any online job of your choice and start earning. At the same time, you can follow your passion. Meanwhile, here is a list of freelancing jobs that you can consider to start a freelance business.
1. Start A Freelance Business- Become A Blogger
So, to become a freelancer online, blogging is the most fashionable way to go about it. It is about fashion, your passion for sports, or your love for food. Also, it can be that you share your expertise on how to be a good parent. Being a blogger at this age is even more interesting as you are sure about your area of interest, plus you have enough life experience to write an authentic blog post or article.
Choose the niche you feel more inclined to and be a self-sufficient entrepreneur just like blogger Jennifer Connolly of “A Well Styled Life,” who started blogging at the age of 50. You can find content writing work on famous freelancing sites such as Upwork and Fiverr.
2. Be A Fitness Advisor
If you love to exercise and know-how to keep fit, you can help people with diet plans, exercise routines and get in shape. Virtual fitness advisor is a rising trend. Also, it’s something you can do easily in your free time and earn handsomely. If you are thinking of starting a freelance business over 30 or 40, it is especially an excellent idea.
3. Teach Online
Choosing online teaching as a career plan is another way to start a freelance business. If you have excellent communication skills and have specialized skills in teaching one or more subjects, being an online tutor will be easy for you.
All you need to do is sign up on various websites, such as Elite Assignment Help, and contact students looking for an online tutor. This is an ideal way of spending your retirement and even earn money as a self-reliant entrepreneur.
4. Work As A Virtual Assistant
If you are looking for a remote sort of work that you can manage from your home, you can become a freelancer online using the virtual assistant category.
You will have to answer emails, receive calls, and manage all the tasks usually done by a company assistant. The only difference is that you won’t have to attend the office and can work peacefully from your home.
5. Start A Freelance Business- Become A Bookkeeper
If you have been doing accounting for many years, being a freelancer bookkeeper will suit you well. So, You can freely work from home, deciding the time that fits you and even the clients you prefer. You can easily find bookkeeping work from online sources or use social media platforms to boost your services and earn as a self-Reliance entrepreneur.
Tips For People Trying To Work As A Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
If you are tired of the long work hours, then starting a freelance business is your perfect gateway. Following some quick tips will help you become more confident to become a freelancer online.
- Learn and polish your skills in using digital platforms such as MS Word, MS Excel, and other blogging systems, which is the foremost requirement to become a freelancer online.
- Be a part of online groups and take online classes so you can learn more about your field of work and new techniques.
- Make yourself aware of the digital and technological trends being followed around you. Since technology is an integral part of the freelancing community, feel confident in adopting advancements.
- Make yourself familiar with all the new generation communication apps while starting a freelancing business, such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
So, these were some of the ways to freelance and be a self-reliant entrepreneur. Not only are these freelancing niches 40plus-friendly, but they are excellent ways to earn handsomely.
If you like the idea of being a self-reliant entrepreneur, get the FREE on-demand workshop videos. In these videos, you will have some tips on time and financial freedom in today’s digital world.